Friday, August 5, 2011

Crack'n

Quick background: Ever since I can remember, my ankles make a clicking sound whenever I walk. Not sure what causes it, but there's no pain, so it doesn't bother me. I don't even notice it. Paul used to call me "Snap, Crackle and Pop".
The other day I came downstairs and found Addy lying on the floor coloring. I asked what she was doing and she jumped. I had scared her. Like "OMG, she caught me coloring on the wall with a Sharpie" scared. So I asked her again what she was up to and she gave me one of those sly grins. You know, like the "Children of the Corn" kind of grin.

(SN: My kids have perfected this creepy grin. I so could have named Cooper Malachai and dressed him in little blazers.)

Anyways, Addy finally told me she was coloring a picture and she brought it over and showed it to me. And the convo goes:
Addy: You scared me.
Me: Umm, how?
Addy: You weren't crack'n!
Me: HUH?
Addy: You know. I didn't hear you crack'n when you were walking, so I didn't know you were coming.

And it finally sunk in! This is how she avoids getting caught misbehaving. Addy-1 Mom-0

No comments:

Post a Comment