Monday, July 18, 2011

But I don't want to grow up....

You know how kids always say the funniest, cutest, and craziest things? Well, with 4 kids, we hear a ton of comments. Some will crack you up, others are quite serious and you can't believe a child would even think to say it, and some will bring tears to your eyes. And with girls, these comments usually also demonstrate their quick changing moods. Oh how fun the teen years will be! LOL

Today, while Addison was eating breakfast, she was watching Little Bill and they were attending a wedding. She looked at me and the converation went like this:

Addy: Did you love your wedding Mommy?
Me: Absolutely! It was fantastic!
Addy: I can't wait until I get married. I'm gonna have a pretty dress and a boyfriend.
Me: Yes, but it's going to be a long time before that happens.
Addy: Will you let my boyfriend come to the house after we're married?
Me: Of Course, but you don't need to worry about that right now.
Addy: I don't want to get married.
Me: Ok. Why?
Addy: (Crying) Because I don't want to grow up. I don't want to leave you and Daddy!
Me: That's sweet hunny. You can stay with Mommy and Daddy for as long as you want.
Addy: Ok. ( Sniffle, sniffle)
Me: Why are you crying, you don't need to worry about it for at least another 16 years.Wipe your tears. One day you'll be running for the door.
Addy: Ok, but you'll still let me stay here right?
Me: Yes, Addy.

View Image

No comments:

Post a Comment