Tuesday, July 19, 2011

365 Photo Challenge

The 365 Photo Challenge has crossed my path several times during the last few days. The theory behind taking a picture each day to capture that moment,that memory, will serve to benefit me in 3 ways....1) I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone last year, so this will help capture all those memories that are so quickly forgotten, 2) it will help document our lives, which is what this blog is intended to do, and 3) it will hopefully improve my nonexistent photography skills.

I am not doing the typical 365 day challenge where you would capture a photo of YOU. You meaning what defines you, your specific thoughts that day, what you felt at a particular moment that day, something that impacted you on that day, etc. Instead, I am going to begin this challenge for each member of the family to capture their moments, feelings, activities and new adventures. All in all, I am using the same thought process but expanding it to capture everyones days for an entire year. Off the bat, this seems like a huge challenge. Basically, it means I will need to take a picture of each person doing something each day or of something that represents them. I think the easiest way to start, would be to begin taking photos on each individuals birthday. This way, I know when we stumble upon yet another birthday for that individual, the challenge is either done or just beginning again. Labels will separate the photos from one another so they will be able to sort within the blog.

I am really excited to get started. First birthday up is Genevieve's. It sounds like a ton of fun and I encourage you to take the challenge as well. You may be shocked to look back over your past year to see what all has changed and what you accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment