Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Costume

This Friday, Cooper will be in a book character parade. Everytime I asked what charater he wanted to be, he would tell me Mario. Since we don't have any books with Mario in them, that wasn't going to work.

Since it is pumpkin time, we've been reading the book Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White and he has been learning about pumpkins in school. Even though it's not technically a "character" in the book, I figured a pumpkin would still represent the book and also go along with his current school theme.

Using some left over orange, I cut out the pumpkin shape and sewed it together. I left openings for the arms and the bottom open so he can just slip it on. We cut out green leaves and he told me what shapes he wanted the face. We just hot glued the face and leaves on to make it super easy.

Tada...a pumpkin costume in 20 minutes

 Paul thinks the face looks like Cooper LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment