Thursday, October 6, 2011

Genevieve's 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Genevieve's 1st birthday this past Sunday on Oct 2nd! I can't believe she is already 1. Time has flown by so quickly.

Her outfit came just in time. I ordered her a tutu set from Etsy and was really worried that it wouldn't arrive in time. When it finally came on Friday, I couldn't have been happier. She wasn't too fond of all the tulle though LOL





Being that it's a preplanned party, of course Jenna wasn't feeling 100%. She had a rough night the night before and we just knew she was off. She was still happy, except when I made her wear the tutu LOL. I took this pic right before she sneezed...



We just had the party at our house since we didn't want to have to stress about the weather. Even though it was a beautiful day, it was pretty chilly out. We didn't go crazy with the decorations. I made some tulle pom poms, we hung a "Happy Birthday" sign, and I put out a matching table cloth. Woo hoo!




I wanted her to have a special cake for her first birthday, so I found someone that made speciality cakes. She has a facebook page in case anyone wants to check it out ( Coop des Cakes). I told her what the theme was and sent her the invite that I had made. I had no idea what the cake would look like, so I was really excited when it was delivered. 



The cake was perfect and matched the invitation exactly. It was yellow cake with chocolate buttercream in the middle, vanilla buttercream on the outside. So delicious! I should have taken a pic of the inside but totally didn't think of it at the time. I did sort of get a pic while Jenna was have a piece...



I made punch for the drinks. I got the recipe here while browsing pinterest. It was simple and I liked the colors.

Punch In a Punch Bowl Recipe – mix together the following: 1 – 2 liter bottle of Sprite or 7UP 2 cups of orange juice top with scoops of orange sherbet frozen raspberries .




After singing Happy Birthday, G got to smash into her own special cake. She seemed a little shy at first, but it didn't take her long to realize that that cake was pretty tasty!




After cake, she opened her gifts.


Group photo of us and the kids...

It was a fantastic day. Thanks so much to those of you that were able to stop by on her special day!

Mommy and Daddy love you baby girl!xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment