Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Learning how to crochet...

Hello and Welcome to those of you that read my blog. I am not sure how frequently I will update but I will try to keep you up to date on all of the fun things that are going on.

So, my wonderful neighbor made Jenna a beautiful crocheted hat. I loved it and it made me want to try and crochet myself (Paul wishes to thank you Jenny). LOL  I have no skills what-so-ever, so this was a trip. I went to Jo-Ann's Fabrics, picked out some yarn and got a book on how to crochet. Umm, yeah...I do not learn well with books.

So last Sunday, I pulled up youtube and found a nice video which was able to show me how to create my slip knot and begin my first chains. Getting my hands to work properly was quite the task. I practiced for a while, which is very difficult to do with 4 children, but I was able to get the hang of it.

Yesterday around 6:30/7:00, I was able to get in a little practice (Paul was thrilled since he was now fully in charge of baths), so I decided to try and find some more tutorial videos. I found this Baby Puff Stitch Hat. I started to play around with my yarn and by 10:30, I had a finished product. Mine really doesn't look like hers...at all. And of course it is too tight on Jenna's head, but I do feel like I was able to accomplish something.

Here are a few pics of my hat:


And one of the top view:


And one with Jenna wearing it. Maybe it's the color, the style, or that she just wasn't happy with it...whatever it was, I don't like the hat on her AND I usually love hats on her.


Moral of the story is: Don't be afraid to try something...even if it's ugly, you still created it LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment