Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stained "Glass" Hearts

While perusing Pinterest, I came across an oldie but a goodie. Using wax paper and crayons to make stained "glass"....something that I did as a child and totally had forgotten about. It also made me remember a few other things that I did with wax paper that will keep the children busy and happy.

Things Needed-
Crayon Shavings ( I used a pencil sharpener)
Wax Paper
Iron
Scissors

I told Addy that we would do this for Valentine's Day so that she could make hearts. I am sure she could sharpen the crayons for the shavings herself, but I get a little OCD with messes, so I did the crayon shavings. I placed all the colors (oranges, reds, yellow and white) in one baggie.

I placed an old towel down on the ironing board and we put a sheet of wax paper on top of the towel. Addy sprinkled the crayon shavings on to the wax paper. Then we placed another sheet of was paper on top. To protect the iron, I placed a wash cloth on top of the wax paper and ironed the wash cloth. The heat melted the crayons and made the wax paper stick together.

Once cooled, Addy cut the hearts out.





The ones I had seen online were hung up with string, but I wanted them placed in my door's side window, so I just taped them up. I just love them!


I'm sure once Ash and Coop see these, they will want to try to make them. I should probably start making more crayon shavings now! :)


1 comment:

  1. Very good job Addy. Danielle this is very pretty on the side window of your door. And look at the shadow on your hardwood floor. Lovin' It!rkm

    ReplyDelete