Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shepard's Pie

I decided to make Shepard's Pie a while back, and it actually was a big hit with the kids. Well, except for Addison, which is odd because she typically eats everything and anything.

I came across this recipe for Shepard's Pie. It turned out really great and like I said, 3 out of 4 kids liked it. The great thing about this dish is how changable it is. Don't have peas, no problem. Want to add rice, go for it. Don't like beef, use turkey.

The first time I follwed the directions exactly. A few weeks ago, I made it with rice, green beans and corn. Last night, I just used corn. I also (gasp) used instant potatoes the past few times because I didn't feel like mashing potatoes. It tasted great. My potatoes are never brown like in the picture as I don't broil the dish...the kids would complain about the burnt potatoes because anything brown is burnt :/

Easy Shepherd's Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment