Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Quote

To kick off the new year, I decided to change up the format of the blog and the quote. I started browsing through quotes to see what really stuck out. I wanted something that went well with the actual name of the blog, so I started searching for quotes about adventures.

There were quite a few good ones...

"Adventure is not outside man; it is within.' -David Grayson 
 
"Adventure is worthwhile."- Amelia Earhart 

"Adventure: the pursuit of life."-Daniel Roy Wiarda

"As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible but more mysterious." -Albert Schweitzer
 
"If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new." -Voltaire

BUT one that really stuck out...

"When you're safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure; when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home” -Thornton Wilder

This quote is dead on!

When I am home, I am always wanting to go out and do something adventurous. Whether it be hiking or shopping (yes, shopping is an adventure if you take all 4 children), I want to be out there doing it. I'm not really a stay at home and relax kinda girl unless it is super gloomy out or I am sick.

When I am out on an adventure, like shopping, I am usually wishing I would have stayed home. And hiking, well, if you know me, then you know hiking is not an adventure I would participate in. It would be hot, and sweaty, and bugs! I wouldn't be able to handle the bugs. But a beach trip (yeah I can handle those) with 4 kids, one being a toddler, is totally going to be something that seems so much better before hand. As soon as we get there and have every crevice packed with sand, I know I will be wishing we had stayed home and let the kids play in the kiddie pool.

Our life is all about the adventure though. Without actually getting out there and having adventures, as wonderful or awful as they may be, we wouldn't truly be living. And I do have the best people to have adventures with living right in my home. Hell, sometimes I guess I don't even have to leave the house to have an adventure. Sometimes finding a matching sock is all the adventure one needs for a day!

What's your favorite quote?

And now I wonder if Amelia Earhart was thinking "Adventure is worthwhile" on her last flight. I really hope so!


No comments:

Post a Comment