Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011




Over Thanksgiving week, we took a trip back North to visit family/friends and so that I could stop by the office for a day. The trip up actually went pretty smooth with the exception of the down pouring rain from Fairmont all the way to Weirton. It wasn't terribly cold when we got there and I got to get my Eat N' Park on and I was all...





The next day (Wednesday) I had to go into the office and I was like...


But I got up, put my big girl panties on and we all headed down to the lobby for breakfast. It was still rainy and super windy, so I asked Paul to go out to the car to get all of our coats. We had left them out there the night before because we didn't really need them that night. So Paul comes back to the lobby and he's all....



So we get all bundled up and head to the office, which doesn't turn out to be that bad. After work we met up with our friends Christina and Jeff at a new restaurant in Steubenville. My mom had picked up Ash, so we just had Addy, Coop, and G. We go to order our drinks and  I ask if they have milk, nope. Juice? Nada. Ummm ok, I guess the kids will have water and G was all...




and was practically in total melt down mode by the end of dinner. She wanted her milk! And this made me totally stressed, so not the best dinner we've had.

After dinner, the kids wanted to stay at Grandma Ginny's too. So we called her up and she said that was fine. We needed milk (like as in yesterday) so we stopped at K-Mart (yeah, don't ask). We go in and Addy now has to use the bathroom. Public bathrooms are totally...


and K-Marts are even worse! So we get everything taken care of and get to the hotel to pack everything up. Please note that irritation levels are at a code red at this point.

We finally get the kids to my moms, bathed and in bed. We make a pit stop at Wal-Mart and then Paul takes me to Eat N'Park again since I am always ...

Image Detail


Thursday was




Mom made a great turkey, Ash thought her finger was the potato when she attempted to peel potatoes, and I mashed the potatoes while hoping not to find a lost finger. We relaxed all day for the most part and had a pretty great Thanksgiving.After dinner,we repacked their suitcase and headed to Grandma Becky's (in Moundsville).

We promised the kids we would drive through Oglebay to see the Christmas lights but it's such a long ride...in the dark...after turkey...so everyone was...



After waking everyone up, we paid our $20, got our Christmas lights CD, and got our light show on. The kids really enjoyed it and so did I. I love Christmas lights!

We got the kids settled at Grandma Becky's and headed back to Weirton. Of course, I was all...


Image Detail


Since it was Thanksgiving, nothing was open but Sheetz! My hero! I got a MTO pizza...yummy! Then we met up with Christina and Jeff to hit the stores for some good old fashioned fun Black Friday shopping! Macy's opened at midnight and we were on it...



I'll admit it, it was fun to make fun of others. We did get some cheap luggage (we had been looking for luggage forever) so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Friday, we headed back down to Grandma Becky's to have dinner. We had turkey,green beans, homemade noodles (which Paul loves) and mashed potatoes that were totally the





I try to make my potatoes like Becky's, but she is the ultimate master and should be on Top Mashed Potatoes or something.  The kids had a great time!

An actual real pic

 
Saturday, we had a small birthday party for Cooper at my Mom's house. Since he turns 6 on 12/8, she thought it would be nice to have a little get together for him.




Weirton was having their first night parade! It turned out to be a beautiful day and wasn't too cold. We bundled everyone up and headed downtown and ran into



Really, it's Weirton people! (Of course I say this when I was part of the crowd attending too LOL)  We finally got parked and walked up to Kroger (the end of the parade). Cons of being at the end of the parade? They run out of candy and they stop dancing/singing/playing instruments way to early :/

Another real pic of us at the parade.

The parade was super fun and the kids had a blast I loved that it was at night and all the floats were decorated. During the parade, Kroger was still open and obviously needed to stock up, so  the delivery guy got to be in the parade...(really, can I just ask if that was really necessary?)



Everything was going well, until Addy had to,of course, use the bathroom. I am totally going to start putting my kids in Depends.  We had a scary incident while using the bathroom, but all is well and no one was hurt,except for my sense of security (which isn't a bad thing). We went back to Mom's house and left early Sunday morning.

Our trip back home consisted of



and more





So needless to say, it wasn't the greatest trip back home (are they ever?) but we made it home by 8PM (another 9 hour trip turned into 12) and could finally relax. As usual,never a dull moment!

1 comment:

  1. So funny love all the pics!! Thxs for sharing

    -Georgia G.

    ReplyDelete