Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ancestry

Watching Prince William marry Kate Middleton really got me thinking. I mean, how awesome would it be to be a part of the royal family? I am positive it has its cons, just like everything, but I think the pros would have to outweigh those.

Paul is very much into our ancestry. He is very dedicated to researching and making sure that his information is correct. Everytime he comes to me and says "So guess what I found out?", I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, he has found out that we are related somehow to someone of some importance. Terrible, huh? I mean, there is really nothing wrong with our families aside from the usual adultery and illegitimate children that's pretty typical with most families. Besides the fact that Paul's past relatives had so many children it is practically imossible to count, and I love when they name them the same name or something similiar and you can't figure out it they are the same person or not, they are pretty much an open book. You can go back forever on his side. My family, on the other hand, is full of secrets and even worse, adoption. My father's adoption has pretty much become a dead end. I still have some paperwork to send in to see if I can get some more answers but I'm not sure if I'll ever know the background on his biological parents. Either way, none of our families have been linked to anyone royal, at least not yet!

There was one point where I found an Abraham Lincoln on Paul's side. I was so excited until I saw the person's birthdate. They were born the year Abraham became president, so the parents were just obvious fans of Abe. Oh well.

On one of Paul's "guess what" days, he informed me that he is related to a Wilbur Cooper, who at one time played for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Of all the people he could be related to, it had to be a Pittsburgh Pirate! I mean, we are fans of anything but Pittsburgh. And baseball=blah.

While I am still holding on to the small chance that we may be related to someone of royalty, I at least know that I have found my Prince!And that's all that really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment